Payments form the foundation of global commerce. SGE is focused on identifying companies, technologies, and services that promote the growth of commerce by enabling access, reducing transaction costs, increasing convenience, and enhancing security.
The SGE team has a strong background in payments and transaction processing businesses. We leverage our extensive network within the payments universe and deep knowledge of the opportunities in the sector to provide companies with differentiated insight and access.
- Payments as marketing: We anticipate that forward-thinking retailers will increasingly leverage the marketing power of payments infrastructures through personalization, loyalty, and targeted couponing.
- Enabling access: A global marketplace cannot flourish without secure, frictionless transactions. As internet penetration slows, we expect that payments enablers will expand the market through international commerce and global remittances.
- Broadening markets: New platforms for personal financial management and payments are enabling under-banked populations to access goods and services from which they were previously excluded.
- Reducing transaction costs: When the cost of payment becomes a material factor in transactions it can inhibit the growth of entire industries. Novel payment systems reducing this source of friction will increase transaction volume and enable new business models.
- Increasing convenience: Payment infrastructure companies are offering consumers faster, simpler methods of paying for goods and services which drive increased transaction volumes.
- Enhancing security: Trust, security and non-repudiation must be assured in order for commerce to flourish. Combating fraud and maintaining compliance are strategic priorities for any business.